E-mail: Password:
All Forums >> [Leisure and Entertainment] >> Television, Movies, and Music >> Any good movies?
Any good movies?     Printable Version
Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Display name
Message << Previous Topic   Next Topic >>
Any good movies? - 4/24/2009 12:39:54 PM   
ChristineB

Has anyone seen any good movies lately? We are going to see the play Prelude to a Kiss, but I never even saw the movie..lol.  I am so out of the loop lately, urgh.
  Post #: 1
RE: Any good movies? - 4/24/2009 10:21:16 PM   
fiery

It's better to see the play without having seen the movie, keeps it interesting.  I've not had much time recently for them but picked up a few I'm yet to watch. I'll report back. 

(in reply to ChristineB)
  Post #: 2
RE: Any good movies? - 4/26/2009 12:25:10 PM   
fiery

I think the new Beyonce one, Obsessed, would be good. I was really impressed with her in Dreamgirls and also liked her in The Fighting Temptations. If you're in the mood for some toetapping, I'd recommend them both. 

(in reply to fiery)
  Post #: 3
RE: Any good movies? - 4/27/2009 11:47:09 AM   
ChristineB

NO WAY! Lol, I am the biggest fraidy cat there is.  We watched Mr Books and I didn't sleep for 3 days!!!

(in reply to fiery)
  Post #: 4
RE: Any good movies? - 5/3/2009 3:05:43 PM   
fiery

The Kevin Costner one? I got that! Is it not Mr Brooks? I loved that movie, it was good seeing him be a bad guy for a change.

(in reply to ChristineB)
  Post #: 5
RE: Any good movies? - 5/4/2009 9:32:46 AM   
ChristineB

Really?  Oh, it scared me...badly!  Lol, I am a huge wimp though when it comes to that stuff.  It freaked me out because it seemed like anyone could be that guy?  Any friend, neighbor, husband?  Too real for me!

(in reply to fiery)
  Post #: 6
RE: Any good movies? - 8/5/2009 9:18:01 PM   
rockoutalex@live.com

Star Wars the Clone Wars its like a big a huge movie with lots of action!! I like the Ice Age movie also it was awsome!! I liked Mall Cop it was so funny!!!!!!!!
I HATED He's Just Not That Into You. It has alot of kissing!

(in reply to ChristineB)
  Post #: 7
RE: Any good movies? - 8/14/2009 9:04:12 AM   
ChristineB

We watched Capote the other night.  It was good, very informative.  I would recommend it, I love biography type movies.

(in reply to rockoutalex@live.com)
  Post #: 8
RE: Any good movies? - 8/14/2009 9:28:58 AM   
fiery

quote:

ORIGINAL: rockoutalex@live.com

Star Wars the Clone Wars its like a big a huge movie with lots of action!! I like the Ice Age movie also it was awsome!! I liked Mall Cop it was so funny!!!!!!!!
I HATED He's Just Not That Into You. It has alot of kissing!

Hi rockoutalex, Welcome to Family Lobby! :D Good to meet you. I fancied seeing Mall Cop because I like King of Queens but it didn't get great reviews. Glad to hear it wasn't so bad. :) I don't like movies like He's Just Not That Into You. Not my thing at all and nor is Star Wars.

(in reply to rockoutalex@live.com)
  Post #: 9
RE: Any good movies? - 8/14/2009 9:34:13 AM   
fiery

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChristineB

We watched Capote the other night.  It was good, very informative.  I would recommend it, I love biography type movies.

Never heard of that one Christine. Thanks for the recommendation! I like those kinds too. Have you read any of his books? I haven't.

(in reply to ChristineB)
  Post #: 10
RE: Any good movies? - 10/15/2009 11:39:52 AM   
Thelma

I work at a movie theatre so I get to see lots of movies.   I LOVE horror flicks mostly but a good comedy or action movie is always nice.  I'm dying to see SAW VI!!!! 

(in reply to fiery)
  Post #: 11
RE: Any good movies? - 10/15/2009 12:32:47 PM   
ChristineB

I heard the Paranormal movie was very scary.  It makes you feel like a couple is really filming from their house I guess.  I would never be able to see that!  I am terrified of things that go bump in the night now...I would never sleep aagin!

(in reply to Thelma)
  Post #: 12
RE: Any good movies? - 10/15/2009 12:57:31 PM   
Thelma

I've read about that one and have heard the same Christine.  It hasn't come here yet.  I hope I'm able to go see it!  That's right up my alley.

(in reply to ChristineB)
  Post #: 13
RE: Any good movies? - 10/15/2009 3:06:02 PM   
ChristineB

Ooohhh, really?  I can't see it but would love to hear what you think!  I'm such a fraidy cat!

(in reply to Thelma)
  Post #: 14
RE: Any good movies? - 10/17/2009 11:40:06 PM   
fiery

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thelma

I work at a movie theatre so I get to see lots of movies.   I LOVE horror flicks mostly but a good comedy or action movie is always nice.  I'm dying to see SAW VI!!!! 

You lucky thing! I'm not into gore but I do like more of the suspense type ones like The Others. SAW sounds like gore LOL, is it? Paranormal sounds like my kind of movie :D

(in reply to Thelma)
  Post #: 15
RE: Any good movies? - 10/19/2009 9:43:53 AM   
clover

i just saw G-Force

(in reply to fiery)
  Post #: 16
RE: Any good movies? - 10/19/2009 4:01:22 PM   
fiery

Was it any good, clover? Tell us a bit more about what you thought of it. 

(in reply to clover)
  Post #: 17
RE: Any good movies? - 10/20/2009 12:01:04 PM   
clover

well , it was entertaining. i enjoyed watching it. the guinea pigs as well as the other animals were indeed very cute! the gadgets used by the guinea pigs were cool!

though, i read somewhere that the movie might encourage guinea pig mills or something like that because kids may want to have guinea pigs as pets but may not know how to take care of them properly.

i do have one comment though, guinea pigs don't do wheels (like hamster wheels). they can't because it may harm their backbone. but in the movie, a guinea pig was playing in a wheel.

(in reply to fiery)
  Post #: 18
RE: Any good movies? - 10/24/2009 8:05:32 PM   
fiery

quote:

ORIGINAL: clover

well , it was entertaining. i enjoyed watching it. the guinea pigs as well as the other animals were indeed very cute! the gadgets used by the guinea pigs were cool!

though, i read somewhere that the movie might encourage guinea pig mills or something like that because kids may want to have guinea pigs as pets but may not know how to take care of them properly.

i do have one comment though, guinea pigs don't do wheels (like hamster wheels). they can't because it may harm their backbone. but in the movie, a guinea pig was playing in a wheel.

Well spotted. I think I read that too that animal shelters were expecting an influx of them because kids would get them only to discover guinea pigs really aren't that entertaining. They are cute though. :)

(in reply to clover)
  Post #: 19
RE: Any good movies? - 10/25/2009 2:08:35 AM   
clover

quote:

ORIGINAL: fiery

quote:

ORIGINAL: clover

Well spotted. I think I read that too that animal shelters were expecting an influx of them because kids would get them only to discover guinea pigs really aren't that entertaining. They are cute though. :)

oh yes, they are very cute! and wonderful pets. my cousin has 6 and i love them

(in reply to fiery)
  Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Leisure and Entertainment] >> Television, Movies, and Music >> Any good movies?
Jump to:
Topics 
favorite tv shows
the ghost shows are the best love it
Brave Movie
Lots of movies are released daily to entertain the people and getting the profits from them. I wa ...
[Deleted]
Family Guy The Simpsons Hannah Montana These are my favorites..
[Deleted]
For me it will be Titanic. The love story of Jack and Rose is very romantic and the movie is time ...
Favorite TV show
As of now my favorite TV shows are the following: -Gossip Girl -Desperate Housewives -CS ...