E-mail: Password:
All Forums >> [News] >> Family Issues >> RE: When Wives Work and Husbands Don’t
RE: When Wives Work and Husbands Don’t     Tree Style Printable Version
Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Display name
Message << Previous Topic   Next Topic >>
RE: When Wives Work and Husbands Don’t - 12/29/2011 9:31:22 PM   
ArticlePost

I am in a situation where I am the breadwinner but my husband won't apply for any job just 1 or 2 particular ones. Now my car is on the fritz over $3000.00 worth of repairs that cannot be paid. So I have to live with it. Going back home to NJ where there are no jobs is not an option for me though that is where most of my/husband family live. Though I have this feeling of expectation that something is going to happen. I don't know if that is a good/bad thing. Usually, the feeling is an oh no but still it is a feeling. It isn't easy but what are the other choices do you have? It all points to MONEY. If you don't have it you can't do anything about it.

Blessed

(in reply to ArticlePost)
  Post #: 21
RE: When Wives Work and Husbands Don’t - 7/7/2012 6:43:02 AM   
ArticlePost

Mine doesn't want to do any than drink! Gt stinks men!

Sade

Post #: 22
RE: When Wives Work and Husbands Don’t - 7/26/2012 9:17:58 AM   
ArticlePost

My husband has had some mishaps in the passed. He has had multiple surgeries and physically unable to work. I understand that and I do not say anything in regards to that. However, if I am going to work 50-60 hours a week then why does he continuously nag at me about our finances and point at all my faults and belittle me. Does he not realize I work hard because he does not have too. Not only that, but I am also a full time student and I graduate in December. I feel as if I am doing my part. How do I get that across to him?Crystal

Crystal

Post #: 23
RE: When Wives Work and Husbands Don’t - 8/2/2012 8:20:39 AM   
ArticlePost

This is crazy world. Somebody convinced us that we can do it all. We women have taken over the gender role of men. Yet we are unable to give up our role as caregivers. Everybody needs a role to play in life to feel engaged and happy. Define a role that will validate you, your abilities and your interests, leave room for the other person, don't do it all.

Dknow

Post #: 24
RE: When Wives Work and Husbands Don’t - 10/31/2012 3:32:51 PM   
ArticlePost

I feel being used most of the time, and feel uncomfortable when people ask what he does for a living. I'm on maternity leave and its no excuse for him not to work while I am off work. I'm tired of having to worry about money and not making ends meet. It takes 2 to make a home functionable. When I do go back to work, I still have to be the caregiver and worker. Work before I go to work. Nonsense. IF I make a comment he thinks someone is putting me up to confronting him. I know its his defense because bottom line, he's looking for an excuse not to work after being laid off work. He don't want to work. PERIOD. Wish the mom's can stay home and be moms.

Givemea Break

Post #: 25
RE: When Wives Work and Husbands Don’t - 4/14/2013 8:35:08 PM   
ArticlePost

They don't get it. They get used to not having the burden and just start demanding. What should have been a hurdle. To overcome is now a show stopper and they refuse. To get Backk on their feet.

angered

Post #: 26
RE: When Wives Work and Husbands Don’t - 12/27/2013 7:43:57 PM   
ArticlePost

My husband hasnt really worked out of his family business for the last 29 years. I used to have a good job back home and lived 500 kms away from my husband. The last 2 years we relocated to Canada and I am the sole breadwinner. Two grown up children live with us, of course they have their own plans and take care of themselves. Off late I feel like I am cracking up. I feel stressed, scared , and nervous always.. He is a nice man, just incapable and doesn't communicate. He helps around the house though. Maybe I shouldnt complain but feel I need some support. Are there any support groups for women who live in a marriage where the man doesnt work or engage in a physical relationship? I am married almost 30 years and have been celibate for over a decade.

Esmeralda Yardley

Post #: 27
RE: When Wives Work and Husbands Don’t - 6/27/2017 7:18:56 PM   
ArticlePost

My husband hasn't worked consistently in the last 5yrs and I'm tired as well as fed up with it.He doesn't work around the house if I don't complain about it. We don't have any kids together. I have two grown kids who live on their own. We have not celebrated our wedding anniversary in 4 yrs because I refuse to pay for our entertainment due to the household expenses I have to be responsible for. He's always complaining about everything and doesn't seem to understand my frustration. I have lost respect for him and I'm thinking about ending this marriage especially after he became physical with me.

Lisa

Post #: 28
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [News] >> Family Issues >> RE: When Wives Work and Husbands Don’t
Jump to:
Topics 
When Wives Work and Husbands Don’t
My husband hasn't worked consistently in the last 5yrs and I'm tired as well as fed up with it.He ...
What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Husband!
I and my husband was separated for 3 months now, he was the love of my life and the father of my ...
Losing Childhood
Now I am a teenager and now I realise that my childhood was not as good as it could be now i am t ...
She Won’t Leave Him Alone! Coping With the Ex-Wife
I have been with my boyfriend for 6 plus months, moved in with him in December 2016. I am good wi ...
“Separated” Married Couples
I highly doubt it "works". People just say that to save face. There is no way a couple ...