E-mail: Password:
All Forums >> [News] >> Family Issues >> What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Husband!
What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Husband!     Tree Style Printable Version
Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Display name
Message << Previous Topic   Next Topic >>
What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Husband! - 8/11/2010 3:59:50 PM   
ArticlePost

We assume that once a marriage is over it is over for all adults concerned; husband, wife, in-laws. Unless there are children involved, most divorcees feel that there is no earthly reason to still see their ex on a continuing basis. Outside of running into each other occasionally, you basically neve

What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Husband!
http://articles.familylobby.com/556-What-To-Do-When-Your-Parents-Still-Love-Your-Ex-Husband!.htm
  Post #: 1
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 8/11/2010 3:59:50 PM   
ArticlePost

I met my ex husband at 15 and divorced at 40 so we spent a great deal of time together. My parents know the reason I'm divorced and they know all the things he did. I love him and always will so do they we just can't be married.

Careless

(in reply to ArticlePost)
  Post #: 2
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 7/23/2011 5:32:54 PM   
ArticlePost

I will no longer socialize or visit my parents because of situation as this. My parents have a ver close relationship with my ex - and it has cost them a relationship with their daughter (me) and their true son-in-law (my wonderful husband). My ex did and said some terrible things to me during our separation and pending divorce - my parents close relationship and loyality to him is both disrespectful and disgusting to me as well as my current husband. I've to both my parents as well as my ex and none see a problem - other than of course, that's it MY problem. Really sad and speaks volume about them. It's not that I expect them to never talk to the ex, it's simply the close involvment - church together, family gathering, errands, visiting, giving gifts, asking for help, going to lunch together - WAY TOO CLOSE - but that's the way THEY want it. As far as I'm concerned, they've chose which relationship/s are and are not important. Obviously it's not me and my husband!

High Cost - hope it;s worth it

Post #: 3
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 7/23/2011 9:23:55 PM   
fiery

Hi High Cost, welcome to the Family Lobby community. Wow, that's a tough situation and if I were in your shoes I would have done the same thing. It's sad but what else can you do? How can they not see how much that hurts you?? Awful.

My parents still talk to my ex and my ex mother in law when they bump into them and they'll say stuff like "Saw him in town today and he was saying..." and I say "STOP! Not INTERESTED!". I've got to be that tough to halt them in their tracks. He played them when we split up and they still can't see it.

Post #: 4
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 12/28/2011 3:09:20 AM   
ArticlePost

My wife had a very psychologically abusive ex- husband, he beat his older daughters. He never touched my wife, but constantly berated her house keeping, her state of mind, her family, he despised them. they were a close family in the way of get togethers etc, even though he was a manipulative sort of man, he never presented as such in front of her family. They liked him. however, when my wife began to reveal the true him to her mother and sister, over the years, they began a journey of encouraging her to leave him. My wife left the city where she lived with her ex husband and moved to the city where her sister and mother lived, her husband was meant to sell his business and mover there with them. After several months he hadn't sold what was a very saleable business. my wife has 4 children at the time in 1999 they were: 16, 14, 8,7. the three eldest were girls the youngest a boy. after several months all the children had settled in to the new life and were happy their father was not there, they in fact hoped he remained where he was.After nearly 12 months is where I stepped in.I knew nothing about the whole scenario; I met my current wife and fell in love with her very quickly and she with me. Her family accepted me immediately. the two older girls were wary, but were ok. The oldest girl was always very guarded in her comments, not interested in my life, not respectful to my seniority in wisdom or experience and not interested in any input I had on any subject no matter how much it was of assistance.It got worse. My wifes ex husband is a master manipulator, adept at picking up on peoples weaknesses, foibles,cracks in their personalities, or any opportunity to take a front foot. The oldest daughter is an absolute chip off the old block and can turn perceptions or opinions in her favour without ever having to explain herself or expose a situation or person for their weakness, they are truly master artisans.The oldest daughter has worked on my wifes Sister and mother and father for a number of years, to the point where they have begun to see that her father was in fact a good man and my wife was the " Abusive master manipulator", they began inviting her ex husband to gatherings , he would ring them on birthdays, Christmas, sen cards etc etc etc, all of wjhich he never did before the split, but they began to perceive that he did.The thrust of it is this. He is now invited to all family functions and he flies in and so is the oldest daughter. My wife is now accused of being sick in the head for " trying to prevent" the children from seeing their father and a variety of other things, none of which are remotely truthful, she has always said good things to the kids about him, we've paid for the kids to visit him regularly, we have even paid for him to come to our city to see the kids. We encourage it.......But he has ingratiated himself into my wifes families life so much that they cannot tell him he is not welcome, because of the hard yards her oldest daughter has put in over the years.We cannot work out what or why things have turned out the way they have, but the have invited him to stay at Christmas and he and the oldest daughter say things like, " why dont you come and spend time with our family...your family"...It is so weird it is almost unfathomable. I havent touched the sides of the really strange things that have happened or she has been accused of. I want no part of it and my wife is on the outside of her own family. Her father and mother are divorced and both have been remarried once twice or three times ( who knows ) the mother a good Catholic, the father an atheist., they both think my wife is sick, because they believe her ex is still their son in law. Dispite them liking me, I want nothing to do with them because I cant stand this, it has sheared the two youngest ones psychologically, the third oldest now loves me and finds the actions of her mums family totally disturbing, even though it is "Her " father that is involved, sh wishes he moved on years ago...and none of them can see the game the oldest sister has played on them all. except the second oldest who finds the eldest actions repugnant.

Weird , totally freaking weird

Post #: 5
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 2/19/2012 12:30:59 PM   
ArticlePost

Once you get married you have a family. You can surround yourself with people you love. You compromise for the people you love and they MUST compromise for your love. If an ex is not welcome then you have no obligation to attend events where he is present and should create your own family events to build happy memories for the future. Your under no obligation to visit parents who are uncompromising.

Real World

Post #: 6
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 5/2/2012 9:07:44 PM   
ArticlePost

Wow.. When I first googled this topic I was not expecting to find anything because after all it's not normal for an ex to be intertwined with his ex-laws after a divorce in which there are no children, right?? Yeah one would think so. I try to follow that saying where you have no regrets and you learn from your mistakes but in this case my one true regret is ever getting involved with a family friend. the most absolute horrible thing ever. We had no children but eight years post divorce he still comes over and helps decorate for Christmas.. How pathetic! I finally came to the realization that he has nothing going for him because on major holidays he is at home accepting food from my family. If that were me, I wouldn't pick up the phone at all. He truly is a pathetic human being and this has made me set boundaries with my own family. Some may think that the onus lies with either my family or him but I say it's a two way street. It's one thing to continue a relationship with the family but another for him to be so intertwined with my family. Despite me saying this to him he made it a point to say he would go to family events if he were invited. To top it off my sister wanted to know how I would feel if he were to be the god father to her baby. are you effin kidding me? I smile through it all but deep down it's changed things for me. I now live for myself and if they want him there then I don't show up. It's their loss and he's a pathetic loser who has no life of his own... I echo High Cost's sentiment. I hope in the end it was worth it all. What makes me laugh is how no one remember all the volatile fights we had every weekend.

Michelle

Post #: 7
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 6/21/2012 7:35:57 PM   
ArticlePost

My ex lives out-of-state and he stays at times with my daughter at my parent's house for an entire weekend. It hurts me very badly. Not to mention my mother will want to talk about his problems with me. I don't care!!! To me, you can't choose us both! Also, my ex is friends with my brother and sister-in law on facebook. Give me some space! And why does my family have to accept him anymore? I don't get it! I would never be like that!

Fairygodmother

Post #: 8
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 6/27/2012 10:25:59 PM   
ArticlePost

WOW, I am currently going through a similar situation. My ex husband was physically and mentally abusive to me for the 17 years we were married. I finally divorced him, when I saw him starting to do the same thing to the children (now adults) I didn't tell my family all the reasons why I divorced my ex, except to say that he was abusive. That was 15 years ago and I am now remarried. My ex is still friends with most of my family and they invite him to our family gatherings, and my new husband and I don't attend. My family do not understand that I feel very uncomfortable attending a family gathering when my ex is there and I also don't want to make my new husband uncomfortable. I don't mind my family being friends with my ex, but I really believe that when my family has a gathering, the ex should not be invited....and my family should understand that he is an ex for a reason. I have two other siblings who are divorced and their ex's went on with their lives and didn't cling to my family....and they don't get invited to our family gatherings. I believe that I am reasonable when I ask that my family do not invite my ex to our gatherings, because of the uneasy and uncomfortable feelings that both myself and my husband experience when we are with my family and he shows up. Like I said...I don't mind them being friends...but I don't believe that my ex should be at MY family gatherings.

Claire

Post #: 9
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 9/21/2012 7:10:12 AM   
ArticlePost

My ex-husband and I had always manged to stay friendly after our divorce, but I always wanted to get back together with him, and he was never sure. So, I thought it was about time I MADE him sure! All it took was to contact you and a request for a specific love spell, and win ex back spell’s powers began to work their magic. My spell is working because guess what: My “ex” is soon to be my husband again! This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you, win ex back spell. Words are not enough.contact the great man on winexbackspell@gmail.com

illegu

Post #: 10
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 9/27/2012 7:17:56 PM   
ArticlePost

I and my boy friend as been separated for a long period, I cam across different spell caster and they were all unable to bring my lover back. I was so sad and almost gave up on him when i met a spell man Dr lako that helped me get my lover back. Ever since then i have been so happy and couldn't believe it would happen. He also helped me with success spell, I have been living happily with my lover now and will be getting married soon. Here is his contact if you need his help ogunsospelltemple@gmail.com

falicia

Post #: 11
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 3/18/2013 5:51:03 PM   
ArticlePost

I met my ex husband when I was in middle school. We Became close friends, even through high school.My family knew him well and we did everything together(as friends)When we started dating I was 17. He proposed when I was 19 and we bought a house together. He was always a considerate and likeable person. However we went seperate ways in our lives. He was a workaholic and never home. I was working too, but found myself alone all the time. He started to change on a drastic measure as a person. Not in a bad way,just different. His clothes, hair, music, habits, views on life, ect. No, not because he was a cheating person,(would be an assumption) he just changed. He wanted children, I did not. He wanted to move, I liked where I was. By this time, things got worse and he was asking more and more for ME to change. It got to the point that it was usueless to be together. We got the divorce and he later remairried with children now. I have never remairried and have not had any children. In the long run, I think we both got what we wanted. I dont talk to him but my family still do. My parents, siblings, Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles all hang out with him. Family gatherings, and such. Sometimes it makes me feel very uncomfortable. Sometimes I think they frown on ME because I am a little bit more liberal, and dont have a marriage,kids, a house and a wonderful job like him. To me, Id rather live this way. So Im unsure what to think.

unsure what to think

Post #: 12
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 3/30/2013 8:37:23 AM   
ArticlePost

Hi My name is "john" just want to share my experience with the world on how i got my love back and saved my marriage... I was married for 7years with 2kids and we lived happily until things started getting ugly and we had fights and arguments almost every time... it got worse at a point that she filed for divorce... I tried my best to make her change her mind & stay with me cause i loved her with all my heart and didn't want to loose her but everything just didn't work out... she moved out of the house and still went ahead to file for divorce... I pleaded and tried everything but still nothing worked. The breakthrough came when someone introduced me to this wonderful, great spell caster who eventually helped me out... I have never been a fan of things like this but just decided to try reluctantly cause I was desperate and left with no choice... He did special prayers and used roots and herbs... Within 7 days she called me and was sorry for all the emotional trauma she had cost me, moved back to the house and we continue to live happily, the kids are happy too and we are expecting our third child. I have introduced him to a lot of couples with problems across the world and they have had good news... Just thought I should share my experience cause I strongly believe someone out there need's it... You can email him via ekpensolutionspellcasting@gmail.com Don't give up just yet, the different between "Ordinary" & "Extra-Ordinary" is the "Extra" so make extra effort to save your marriage/relationship if it's truly worth it.

john

Post #: 13
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 8/26/2013 7:48:14 AM   
ArticlePost

My name is Mrs. favour jeffry,From USA ,and I’m happily married with a lovely husband and three children.I had a very big problem with my husband few months ago,to the extent that he even packed his things away from our house. He left I and my kids for almost 5 months,and i tried all my possible best and effort to bring him back.I discussed it with a very good friend of mine,and he gave me an advice concerning a spell caster, that he is the only one that can handle my situations and problem,that he’s always ready and able to do anything related to spell casting and helping of the needy, Pls every one i would like you all to contact him with his email address,which is as follows.”drsmartspellhome@gmail.com". I never believed in spell casting,but My friend convinced me and i had no choice than to follow my friend advice,because i never dreamed of loosing my lovely Husband. And i contacted him with his email address,and i discussed with him all my problems and worries and so surprisingly,he told me that I’ll get my husband back a day after. I didn't believed Him, until when i got home,the next day,my husband called me to inform me that he is coming back home…..So Amazing!! That’s how i got my back through spell casting and our relationship was stronger than ever. One of the price i was asked to pay was to tell it to the people around me that problems like this,can always be solved by Dr. smart. So! my advice to you out there is to visit this same E-mail address,and tell him your problems too,if you are in any condition related to love issue or getting your ex back or and problem at all, pls Contact him and have a happy life. you can contact him via email (drsmartspellhome@gmail.com ) all you can call him +2348104933655.

favour

Post #: 14
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 10/28/2013 10:20:19 PM   
ArticlePost

I just want to share my experience and testimony here.. I was married for 6 years to my husband and all of a sudden, another woman came into the picture.. he started hailing me and he was abusive..but I still loved him with all my heart and wanted him at all cost? then he filed for divorce..my whole life was turning apart and I didn't know what to do..he moved out of the house and abandoned the kids.. so someone told me about trying spiritual means to get my husband back and introduced me to a spell caster? so I decided to try it reluctantly..although I didn't believe in all those things? then when he did the special prayers and spell, after 2days, my husband came back and was pleading..he had realized his mistakes..i just couldn't believe it.. anyways we are back together now and we are happy..in case anyone needs this man, his email address prophetsalifu@gmail.com, his spells is for a better life. again his email is prophetsalifu@yahoo.com.

caroline

Post #: 15
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 11/30/2013 10:45:18 AM   
ArticlePost

I am from Canada, after six years in marriage with my husband with 3 kids, he suddenly started going out with other women and coming home late, each time i confronted him it turns out to be a fight and he always treathened to divorce me at all time, my marriage was gradually coming to an end. i tried all i could to stop him from this unruly attitude but all proved abortive, until i saw a post in the forum about a spell caster who helps people cast spell on marriage and relationship problems, at first i doubted it but decided to give it a try, when i contacted this Spell caster Dr. Ikedi Ero via email, he helped me cast a spell and within 72 hours my husband came back apologizing for all he has done and promised never to do such again and today we are happily together again. Contact this Great spell caster for your marriage or relationship issues via this email; ikedispiritualtemple@gmail.com

Rita

Post #: 16
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 12/15/2013 5:44:31 AM   
ArticlePost

I just want to share my experience and testimony here.. I was married for 6 years to my husband and all of a sudden, another woman came into the picture.. he started hailing me and he was abusive..but I still loved him with all my heart and wanted him at all cost…then he filed for divorce..my whole life was turning apart and I didn’t know what to do..he moved out of the house and abandoned the kids.. so someone told me about trying spiritual means to get my husband back and introduced me to a spell caster called prophetjakula…so I decided to try it reluctantly..although I didn’t believe in all those things… then when he did the special prayers and spell, after 3days, my husband came back and was pleading..he had realized his mistakes..i just couldn’t believe it.. anyways we are back together now and we are happy..in case anyone needs this man, his email address prophetjakula@gmail.com his spells is for a better life.

mrs humphry

Post #: 17
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 10/21/2014 6:01:34 PM   
ArticlePost

I am Alicia Carter hear to give testimony of how i got back my husband, we gotmarried for more than 9 years and have gotten two kids. thing weregoing well with us and we are always happy. until one day my husbandstarted to behave in a way i could not understand, i was very confusedby the way he treat me and the kids. later that month he did not comehome again and he called me that he want a divorce, i asked him whathave i done wrong to deserve this from him, all he was saying is thathe want a divorce that he hate me and do not want to see me again inhis life, i was mad and also frustrated do not know what to do,i wassick for more than 2 weeks because of the divorce. i love him so muchhe was everything to me without him my life is incomplete. i told mysister and she told me to contact a spell caster, i never believe inall this spell casting of a thing. i just want to try if somethingwill come out of it. i contacted okparaspellhome for the return of myhusband to me, they told me that my husband have been taken by anotherwoman, that she cast a spell on him that is why he hate me and alsowant us to divorce. then they told me that they have to cast a spellon him that will make him return to me and the kids, they casted thespell and after 1 week my husband called me and he told me that ishould forgive him, he started to apologize on phone and said that hestill live me that he did not know what happen to him that he left me.it was the spell that he okparaspellhome casted on him that make himcomeback to me today,me and my family are now happy again today. thankyou okparaspellhome for what you have done for me i would have been nothingtoday if not for your great spell. i want you my friends who arepassing through all this kind of love problem of getting back theirhusband, wife , or ex boyfriend and girlfriend to contactokparaspellhome@gmail.com. and you will see that your problem will besolved without any delay. hear is my face book email aliciacarter1986@gmail.com

Alicia Carter

Post #: 18
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 12/22/2014 7:19:15 PM   
ArticlePost

I'm Davis brown from USA. My wife left me for no reason on 13th of June 2010. She moved in with another man, I felt like killing myself and I've tried so many spell casters but all to no avail. My life was very bitter and sorrowful. Then one day, a friend of mine told me about this spell caster called DR OGBIDI who helped her on her own situation when her husband left her. But at first i didn't believe it because i' have tested so many of them and it didn't work. she begged me further so I decided to try this spell caster called DR OGBIDI . I contacted him and i told him my problems and gave him all the necessary information he required. He just laughed and told me never to worry that my WIFE will call me back in less than two days and i believed, and after he has finished casting the spell my WIFE called me and started begging. She apologized and came back to me crying for a second chance. Today i and my wife and my two lovely kids are living happily like never before. I can really say that this spell caster is powerful because of his work my wife is home again. I'm now a very happy man and ever since she has shown me love like never before. Thank you DR OGBIDI I will forever be grateful to you. You can reach him on his email: drogbidisolutionhome@gmail.com or drogbidisolutionhome@yahoo.co.uk he will solve any problem you are facing now. Just contact him and see his work. once again thank you DR OGBIDI

davis brown

Post #: 19
RE: What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Hus... - 12/23/2014 9:52:57 PM   
ArticlePost

I'm Davis brown from USA. My wife left me for no reason on 13th of June 2010. She moved in with another man, I felt like killing myself and I've tried so many spell casters but all to no avail. My life was very bitter and sorrowful. Then one day, a friend of mine told me about this spell caster called DR OGBIDI who helped her on her own situation when her husband left her. But at first i didn't believe it because i' have tested so many of them and it didn't work. she begged me further so I decided to try this spell caster called DR OGBIDI . I contacted him and i told him my problems and gave him all the necessary information he required. He just laughed and told me never to worry that my WIFE will call me back in less than two days and i believed, and after he has finished casting the spell my WIFE called me and started begging. She apologized and came back to me crying for a second chance. Today i and my wife and my two lovely kids are living happily like never before. I can really say that this spell caster is powerful because of his work my wife is home again. I'm now a very happy man and ever since she has shown me love like never before. Thank you DR OGBIDI I will forever be grateful to you. You can reach him on his email: drogbidisolutionhome@gmail.com or drogbidisolutionhome@yahoo.co.uk he will solve any problem you are facing now. Just contact him and see his work. once again thank you DR OGBIDI

davis brown

Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [News] >> Family Issues >> What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Husband!
Jump to:
Topics 
When Wives Work and Husbands Don’t
My husband hasn't worked consistently in the last 5yrs and I'm tired as well as fed up with it.He ...
What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Husband!
I and my husband was separated for 3 months now, he was the love of my life and the father of my ...
Losing Childhood
Now I am a teenager and now I realise that my childhood was not as good as it could be now i am t ...
She Won’t Leave Him Alone! Coping With the Ex-Wife
I have been with my boyfriend for 6 plus months, moved in with him in December 2016. I am good wi ...
“Separated” Married Couples
I highly doubt it "works". People just say that to save face. There is no way a couple ...