E-mail: Password:
All Forums >> [Food and Health] >> Medical News and Support >> Blood pressure differences between arms could signal heart risk
Blood pressure differences between arms could signal heart risk     Tree Style Printable Version
Page: [1]
Display name
Message << Previous Topic   Next Topic >>
Blood pressure differences between arms could signal he... - 1/30/2012 12:00:07 AM   
fiery

quote:

People whose systolic blood pressure -- the upper number in their reading -- is different in their left and right arms may be suffering from a vascular disease that could increase their risk of death, British researchers report.

The arteries under the collarbone supply blood to the arms, legs and brain. Blockage can lead to stroke and other problems, the researchers noted, and measuring blood pressure in both arms should be routine.

Article
  Post #: 1
RE: Blood pressure differences between arms could signa... - 2/8/2012 9:39:59 AM   
ChristineB

I go for a physical on the 24th and one of the things they'll be looking at is my BP for sure. It's been slowly on the rise.

The Traveling Pendant
My Mom's dying wish....

(in reply to fiery)
  Post #: 2
RE: Blood pressure differences between arms could signa... - 7/8/2014 11:49:47 PM   
GarrettHnatiuk

Yes you are still at risk for heart stroke and heart problems. If your blood pressure level is high get help from your doctor to discuss this and get it treated if needed.

(in reply to ChristineB)
  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Food and Health] >> Medical News and Support >> Blood pressure differences between arms could signal heart risk
Jump to:
Topics 
Blood pressure differences between arms could signal heart risk
Yes you are still at risk for heart stroke and heart problems. If your blood pressure level is hi ...
How to change paediatricians
Five ways to know when your doctor isn’t right for you and your kids, and how to make the switch ...
A Weekly Shot Gets FDA Nod for Type 2 Diabetes
The FDA has given its nod to Bydureon, making it the first weekly treatment for type 2 diabetes, ...
Fever symptoms you should never ignore
As a general rule, the younger your child, the sooner you will need to get him checked out. Here' ...
Why Some Children May 'Grow Out' of Autism
Some kids with autism will no longer qualify for that diagnosis as they grow older. Now a new stu ...