E-mail: Password:
All Forums >> [Technical Support] >> Comments and Questions >> How do you change "Custom Page" name?
How do you change "Custom Page" name?     Printable Version
Page: [1]
Display name
Message << Previous Topic   Next Topic >>
How do you change "Custom Page" name? - 12/9/2012 10:57:21 PM   
MRM

I have created a custom page and I do not want the title "Custom Page", how do I change the name?
I have opened up a new page to see if there was an area that I missed. No area. Please provide some assistance.
12/9/2012 - 20:17 PST
  Post #: 1
RE: How do you change "Custom Page" name? - 12/9/2012 11:11:53 PM   
MRM

Also, my new links do not show on the "Site links and colors" page. It does, however show when I go to sort. Please explain.

(in reply to MRM)
  Post #: 2
RE: How do you change "Custom Page" name? - 12/11/2012 12:37:59 AM   
support

Hello,

Please click the title that appears in the HTML editor in the custom page section. A prompt will appear with the option to change the title. Afterwards, click "Save". You enable the option to show the custom pages by checking the "Site link" option in the custom page section. That is why it is only shown in the sort section.

If a prompt does appear, please clear your cache by following the instructions below:
http://forums.familylobby.com/fb.asp?m=10687&key=clear%20cache

FamilyLobby.com Support

(in reply to MRM)
  Post #: 3
RE: How do you change "Custom Page" name? - 12/14/2012 1:23:10 PM   
MRM

I am not sure if my question was not understood.

When I submitted my post on 12/9/2012 - 20:17 PST I was attempting to change my custom page title and was unable to. There is no area on this page that allows for this change. I looked through all the code and there is no option to change and I don't even see the title which you gave to this page, which is not the title I would like for this page. "I have opened up a new page to see if there was an area that I missed. No area. Please provide some assistance." 12/9/2012 - 20:17 PST

If I right click on the "Family Reunion" when I open the page it give me the option to "View page source" and in there I see <title>Family Reunion</title>, but I am not able to change that from the code. I realize you must have gone in and changed this name as I did not and this is the basis of my question.

Please provide some detailed instructions on how to change this feature, since I have tried all options available to me.

With regards to the link not showing up on the "Site links and colors" page, by default the "site link" check box is selected when you save your page. Even with this option checked it still does not show up with the other links. I have a picture showing that I can send to the email address provided for verification and to possibly clear up any misunderstandings.

(in reply to support)
  Post #: 4
RE: How do you change "Custom Page" name? - 12/18/2012 10:06:43 PM   
support

Do you want to change the title from Family Reunion to something else? If so, please follow the instructions we mentioned below. We followed these exact steps to change the title.

Please click the title that appears in the HTML editor in the custom page section. A prompt will appear with the option to change the title. Afterwards, click "Save".

Where do you want the page to be placed on the site links? We will move it there and write out the exact steps we made to accomplish it?

Thank you.

FamilyLobby.com Support

(in reply to MRM)
  Post #: 5
RE: How do you change "Custom Page" name? - 1/2/2013 2:01:26 PM   
MRM

Again, there is no "title" that appears in the HTML editor in the custom page section, I have searched the entire page, website, other links, etc. and this option does not exist.

If you would, so we don't have this back and forth conversation, I would prefer that you just send me the exact steps to accomplish this tasks, so I can move forward with updating my website.

You can send it to my email address. Please include screen shots as I have done in the email I sent to you on December 14, 2012. I have yet to get a response from that email.

Thank you.

(in reply to support)
  Post #: 6
RE: How do you change "Custom Page" name? - 1/7/2013 9:54:06 AM   
support

I apologize for the inconvenience. We look for an email sent from mrmathews... and we did not find one with a snapshot. Can you please send it again?

We do regret all the problems you are having and you are welcome to give us a call to see if we can help you directly over the phone.

FamilyLobby.com Support

(in reply to MRM)
  Post #: 7
RE: How do you change "Custom Page" name? - 1/9/2013 1:02:11 PM   
MRM

email sent 01/09/2012 @ 11:01 AM PST

A prompt response is greatly appreciated.

(in reply to support)
  Post #: 8
RE: How do you change "Custom Page" name? - 3/16/2013 6:23:13 PM   
MRM

Since I have not heard from you regarding this matter and I have been getting numerous complaints from my family members that they are not able to locate documents on the website. Please change the following link names:

Family Reunion to Hotel Registration
Custom Page to Reunion Registration

Also, if you would please double check your coding because I have attempted to create several test pages and there is NO section that allows me to change the page link name.

And as previously requested, if you could send me screen prints to show where this option is, that would be greatly appreciated, so that in the future when I create other pages, I can change the names myself and be more efficient as the webmaster.

Thank you

(in reply to MRM)
  Post #: 9
RE: How do you change "Custom Page" name? - 3/18/2013 9:33:13 AM   
support

We mentioned in the above message that you can call us for the problems that you are having if our responses here are not prompt enough.

As a courtesy, we have updated the names for you. Examples are provided in the images below.

FamilyLobby.com Support

(in reply to MRM)
  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Technical Support] >> Comments and Questions >> How do you change "Custom Page" name?
Jump to: