E-mail: Password:
All Forums >> [News] >> Family Issues >> Second Spouse, Second Best?
Second Spouse, Second Best?     Printable Version
Page: [1]
Display name
Message << Previous Topic   Next Topic >>
Second Spouse, Second Best? - 1/14/2013 9:11:43 AM   
ArticlePost

My neighbor is a “second” wife and she has told me that the word “second” seems appropriate to her situation. At times she has felt that she was “second” to everyone in her new husband’s family. His children’s needs and wants, even those of his ex-wife, seemed to come before her own needs and wants

Second Spouse, Second Best?
http://articles.familylobby.com/519-Second-Spouse,-Second-Best.htm
  Post #: 1
RE: Second Spouse, Second Best? - 1/14/2013 9:11:43 AM   
ArticlePost

"I remember attending a wedding where a woman had to endure having her ex-husband’s new wife, someone who was responsible for the break-up of her marriage, seated in a place of honor at the daughter’s reception. That was not a happy situation and the new wife should have had the grace not to attend."You mean the daughter of the lady with the former husband? If that is the case, how could the daughter be so disloyal to her mother to do that? The mother should have immediately demanded that former mistress be sent home otherwise she would make a scene and leave. If it is not her own daughter, she should not bother attending.

C

(in reply to ArticlePost)
  Post #: 2
RE: Second Spouse, Second Best? - 2/1/2013 11:15:39 AM   
ArticlePost

What is wrong with you people? The grace not to attend her step-daughter's wedding? If she hadn't attended, people would have accused her of . It seems like maybe the daughter bride, who arranged the seating, could have arranged it more tactfully. Or consider that since it's her wedding and she arranged the seating, perhaps the new wife is important to her, and she wanted her in a place of honor, and if her mother cared about her, she should have been willing to suck it up and be gracious for a night to make her daughter happy on her special day.

J

(in reply to ArticlePost)
  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News] >> Family Issues >> Second Spouse, Second Best?
Jump to:
Topics 
When He Cheats… Coping With Infidelity
my husband was always cheating on me and even spends nights out. sometimes he even leave for the ...
Finding Adoption Information on the Internet
There are of course many ways to use the internet, and the online world puts a wealth of informat ...
Pregnancy and man
It is a woman's mission; to have babies. Men can't have babies! God ordained this in females. Now ...
Homemade Baby Food – Healthier and Less Costly
Homemade food is healthier because you control the portions, the components, you know it's fresh, ...
Stretch Marks: Prevention and Treatment During Pregnancy
Stretch marks are caused primarily when a person gains weight and the skin grows quickly. Even th ...