E-mail: Password:
All Forums >> [News] >> Family Issues >> Violence in Relationships
Violence in Relationships     Tree Style Printable Version
Page: [1]
Display name
Message << Previous Topic   Next Topic >>
Violence in Relationships - 2/24/2015 10:05:36 AM   
ArticlePost

A relationship horror that spans all socio-economic areas is domestic violence. Whether from those who are married or in long-standing relationships, incidences of violence in the home are on the rise. More police are called to homes for domestic disputes than for anything else.

Violence in Relationships
http://articles.familylobby.com/446-Violence-in-Relationships.htm
  Post #: 1
RE: Violence in Relationships - 2/24/2015 10:05:36 AM   
ArticlePost

Unless you have been through it you will never know the pain, fear, or the feeling of total unworthiness. I don't like to broadcast my past this way, but I get sick of hearing people say,"Why don't they just leave"? It's BS!!! If only it were that easy!!

Becky

(in reply to ArticlePost)
  Post #: 2
RE: Violence in Relationships - 3/11/2015 5:47:24 PM   
ArticlePost

The abuser always says it will never happen again but it does .

Lisa

Post #: 3
RE: Violence in Relationships - 3/11/2015 7:47:11 PM   
ArticlePost

23 years will be July i have walked away from a 3 years domestic abusive relationship. I am a happy free strong beautiful woman.

Zana

Post #: 4
RE: Violence in Relationships - 4/30/2015 9:37:20 PM   
ArticlePost

I left 7 months ago and it feels good. I can finally be a better me not just for me but for my kids. But even with a restraining order I feel victimized by his family.

Janette

Post #: 5
RE: Violence in Relationships - 5/12/2015 5:34:40 AM   
ArticlePost

It's hard but it's for the better you will thank yourself later things were tuff they still are and So will your kids ..I left right before Christmas ..but now I feel free and enjoy life more

steph

Post #: 6
RE: Violence in Relationships - 5/20/2015 10:14:19 PM   
ArticlePost

I was someone who didn't understand and wouldn't have made a very supportive friend to a victim because of this fact. Wasn't I shocked and horrified when it turned out that my perfect, working middle class life was one big act! By me mostly. I actually lived abuse for about 10 years and didn't even see it. My friends and family sometimes pointed it out and I still didn't see it. My point is that often when there is little or no physical abuse, we are likely to view the rest as just imperfect behaviours from an imperfect partner. And aren't we all imperfect?If you are wondering if your partner abusive or violent there is a simple checklist available online or from your local counsellor that can open your eyes to the truth. Either way.

Bec

Post #: 7
RE: Violence in Relationships - 1/20/2016 8:44:40 PM   
ArticlePost

Before I married I always thought that such men don't exist, and I decided to shower my future husband with love, and treat him very good, so he feels that I'm the best woman on earth, and I did, but he didn't, he turned out to be a perfect psychopath who only loves himself, and lives on making me suffer, beating me, insulting, abusing and frequently plaming me for everything, he has cheated on me with different women, and of course never mentioned that he is married to any of his girlfriends, now I'm living with a man who I terribly hate, I fear him, his anger is like a volcano that burns every thing, the kids panick when he is angry ,I decided to leave him, after a week from now we are going back to our country (we are in China now ),and after that, I will make him suffer, yes I will revenge, in all the possible ways, and I will live with my family members, who are a hundred percent supporting me in this.

M

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News] >> Family Issues >> Violence in Relationships
Jump to:
Topics 
She Won’t Leave Him Alone! Coping With the Ex-Wife
I have been with my boyfriend for 6 plus months, moved in with him in December 2016. I am good wi ...
“Separated” Married Couples
I highly doubt it "works". People just say that to save face. There is no way a couple ...
Parents and the Only Child
I really enjoyed this article. As a (37 year old male) only child I can relate to so much of what ...
Stop Bring It Up!
I Know this Is Difficult For Us To Do, Forgive and Forget. Shared by your serving Apostle, James ...
LORD,Bless Us With More Than Enough!!!
Lord Jesus, Bless Us Your Chosen People With More Than Enough, So That We Will Become Your Blessi ...