E-mail: Password:
All Forums >> [Technical Support] >> Comments and Questions >> Family Lobby Closing Site
Family Lobby Closing Site     Tree Style Printable Version
Page: [1]
Display name
Message << Previous Topic   Next Topic >>
Family Lobby Closing Site - 6/3/2017 11:50:29 AM   
GAL

I had an email from someone else who uses Family Lobby Site telling me that Family Lobby is closing down in September. Is this true? If so why haven't Adm's been notified so we can start looking for a new site. I would really appreciate knowing if this is TRUE or just a RUMOR!! Thanks!!
  Post #: 1
RE: Family Lobby Closing Site - 6/3/2017 11:55:10 AM   
burdD

A notice is posted in the member area of all websites.  There is also an option there to purchase a zip file of your website files.  The cost is $20.00.
Many have already opened sites at GoClub which is very much like the old My Family websites

< Message edited by burdD -- 6/3/2017 11:56:28 AM >

(in reply to GAL)
  Post #: 2
RE: Family Lobby Closing Site - 6/5/2017 9:15:02 AM   
cwatson

if we have a paid subscription with you and you have purchased our personalized URL for us, how can we keep the personalized URL after you close down the websites? When I look up the URL owner it says it is registered to family lobby so I cannot move it somewhere else in order to keep it. I have 3 paid subscriptions with you with personalized URL's. Also, do I need to do anything in my settings in order to not be charged for another year for these 3 subscriptions? Thanks!

(in reply to burdD)
  Post #: 3
RE: Family Lobby Closing Site - 6/6/2017 5:25:20 AM   
support

Hi cwatson, The part of the annual subscription that is not used will be refunded in September. Once you have another service, we can work with you to transfer the domains over to the new service. We have also sent you a private message.

FamilyLobby.com Support

(in reply to cwatson)
  Post #: 4
RE: Family Lobby Closing Site - 6/6/2017 10:43:51 AM   
BillyDee

Sad the site is closing. But I want to say Thank You for the many years you've kept it going. I'm sure it's not an easy business model to sustain, and I (and family) appreciate the work and time it has taken to keep things going. Take care.

(in reply to support)
  Post #: 5
RE: Family Lobby Closing Site - 6/7/2017 9:24:33 AM   
support

Thank you so much for the kind words BillyDee. We worked really hard to keep the site going. We truly appreciate all the support we've gotten from everyone. It means a lot. Take care.

FamilyLobby.com Support

(in reply to BillyDee)
  Post #: 6
RE: Family Lobby Closing Site - 6/9/2017 2:34:10 PM   
oxodotto

I paid the $20 fee which was charged to my credit card on 6/2/17. I am still waiting for the download. I would hate to lose all the content on our site. oops! I just found it in the spam file!

< Message edited by oxodotto -- 6/9/2017 2:41:23 PM >

(in reply to GAL)
  Post #: 7
RE: Family Lobby Closing Site - 6/9/2017 2:55:18 PM   
support

ok :) I'm glad you found it. Let me know if you have any issues.

FamilyLobby.com Support

(in reply to oxodotto)
  Post #: 8
RE: Family Lobby Closing Site - 7/11/2017 8:31:47 AM   
Lorraine

So bummed Family lobby is closing. Thank you so much for maintaining the site for so long! We have thoroughly enjoyed the site. We had so many people from the family join initially and of course many stopped visiting with facebook and other social sites keeping everyone communicating. We do however still have several visitors everyday and they call themselves the "Breakfast Club". Your work in maintaining the site has been invaluable. A tool of keeping people together....priceless!! Thank you. You even did this without charging. We had a paid site for awhile when alot of activity but the need dropped off and I wish now I had maintained the pay for site feature to help keep this going. Thank you so much for everything Family Lobby!!!!

(in reply to GAL)
  Post #: 9
RE: Family Lobby Closing Site - 7/12/2017 1:54:49 PM   
support

Thanks, Lorraine! We really appreciate that Lorraine! We're glad that you all liked the site so much. We started the website to bring our families together initially. And we were so happy that we could do that for other families. We've understood that the market is very different now. We enjoyed working on the site and will always look back and cherish the users like you, that got a lot out of our site. We truly hope that you continue to find other ways to keep the family together. Facebook has even come in handy for some of our families.

FamilyLobby.com Support

(in reply to Lorraine)
  Post #: 10
RE: Family Lobby Closing Site - 8/17/2017 8:37:08 AM   
cwatson

My two websites www.getbentracing.com and www.charlenewatson.com have been successfully moved from you guys to my own account at enom. BUT today my credit card was charge $98.99 for my www.charlenewatson.com website BY YOU GUYS (Ideal Computer Services). Please fix this. Jeri Charlene Watson

(in reply to support)
  Post #: 11
RE: Family Lobby Closing Site - 8/18/2017 6:48:14 AM   
support

I apologize for the inconvenience. We have returned the money back to your card. According to the notes, it looks like we were waiting on confirmation that the transfer was successful. I also want to let you know that you have spoiledrottenracing.org. This will no longer be charged as well. getbentracing.com was charged in March and you transferred the site in July. Normally, there would be a partial charge, but we will return the full amount due to the mixup. Again, we terribly apologize.

FamilyLobby.com Support

(in reply to burdD)
  Post #: 12
RE: Family Lobby Closing Site - 9/6/2017 3:46:22 PM   
CVCAPSP

Thank you for the years of service. I would like to keep my URL and purcjhase a zip file. My site has also been suspended. Please advise.

(in reply to support)
  Post #: 13
RE: Family Lobby Closing Site - 9/6/2017 9:52:02 PM   
davon

You're very welcome. We're glad that we could provide the service for you and your family. You can purchase the download from within the member area of your site. It doesn't appear that you have a domain for your site. What domain are you referring to?

(in reply to CVCAPSP)
  Post #: 14
RE: Family Lobby Closing Site - 9/8/2017 10:21:03 PM   
Msbeford

How long after payment does it take before you receive your zip file? Thanks

(in reply to GAL)
  Post #: 15
RE: Family Lobby Closing Site - 9/9/2017 3:54:12 AM   
support

Your zip file was emailed to you 24 hours later. I will send you a link in a private message on the forum. Please download the zip file before it expires.

FamilyLobby.com Support

(in reply to Msbeford)
  Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Technical Support] >> Comments and Questions >> Family Lobby Closing Site
Jump to: