Family Lobby Closing Site (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Technical Support] >> Comments and Questions

GAL -> Family Lobby Closing Site (6/3/2017 11:50:29 AM)

I had an email from someone else who uses Family Lobby Site telling me that Family Lobby is closing down in September. Is this true? If so why haven't Adm's been notified so we can start looking for a new site. I would really appreciate knowing if this is TRUE or just a RUMOR!! Thanks!!

burdD -> RE: Family Lobby Closing Site (6/3/2017 11:55:10 AM)

A notice is posted in the member area of all websites.  There is also an option there to purchase a zip file of your website files.  The cost is $20.00.
Many have already opened sites at GoClub which is very much like the old My Family websites

cwatson -> RE: Family Lobby Closing Site (6/5/2017 9:15:02 AM)

if we have a paid subscription with you and you have purchased our personalized URL for us, how can we keep the personalized URL after you close down the websites? When I look up the URL owner it says it is registered to family lobby so I cannot move it somewhere else in order to keep it. I have 3 paid subscriptions with you with personalized URL's. Also, do I need to do anything in my settings in order to not be charged for another year for these 3 subscriptions? Thanks!

support -> RE: Family Lobby Closing Site (6/6/2017 5:25:20 AM)

Hi cwatson, The part of the annual subscription that is not used will be refunded in September. Once you have another service, we can work with you to transfer the domains over to the new service. We have also sent you a private message.

BillyDee -> RE: Family Lobby Closing Site (6/6/2017 10:43:51 AM)

Sad the site is closing. But I want to say Thank You for the many years you've kept it going. I'm sure it's not an easy business model to sustain, and I (and family) appreciate the work and time it has taken to keep things going. Take care.

support -> RE: Family Lobby Closing Site (6/7/2017 9:24:33 AM)

Thank you so much for the kind words BillyDee. We worked really hard to keep the site going. We truly appreciate all the support we've gotten from everyone. It means a lot. Take care.

oxodotto -> RE: Family Lobby Closing Site (6/9/2017 2:34:10 PM)

I paid the $20 fee which was charged to my credit card on 6/2/17. I am still waiting for the download. I would hate to lose all the content on our site. oops! I just found it in the spam file!

support -> RE: Family Lobby Closing Site (6/9/2017 2:55:18 PM)

ok :) I'm glad you found it. Let me know if you have any issues.

Lorraine -> RE: Family Lobby Closing Site (7/11/2017 8:31:47 AM)

So bummed Family lobby is closing. Thank you so much for maintaining the site for so long! We have thoroughly enjoyed the site. We had so many people from the family join initially and of course many stopped visiting with facebook and other social sites keeping everyone communicating. We do however still have several visitors everyday and they call themselves the "Breakfast Club". Your work in maintaining the site has been invaluable. A tool of keeping people together....priceless!! Thank you. You even did this without charging. We had a paid site for awhile when alot of activity but the need dropped off and I wish now I had maintained the pay for site feature to help keep this going. Thank you so much for everything Family Lobby!!!!

support -> RE: Family Lobby Closing Site (7/12/2017 1:54:49 PM)

Thanks, Lorraine! We really appreciate that Lorraine! We're glad that you all liked the site so much. We started the website to bring our families together initially. And we were so happy that we could do that for other families. We've understood that the market is very different now. We enjoyed working on the site and will always look back and cherish the users like you, that got a lot out of our site. We truly hope that you continue to find other ways to keep the family together. Facebook has even come in handy for some of our families.

Page: [1]