E-mail: Password:
All Forums >> [Technical Support] >> Comments and Questions >> GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby
GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby     Tree Style Printable Version
Page: [1]
Display name
Message << Previous Topic   Next Topic >>
GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby - 6/9/2017 4:44:20 PM   
burdD

Family Lobby is not supporting, recommending or endorsing any site in particular.  Any sites that you may see here are only suggestions for sites that members may want to look at as replacement sites.

I was ask by GoClub if I would post information for their site.  If you have other sites you want to suggest please feel free to do so.

The information below was submitted by the GoClub website:

We at GoClub.Us have been around for many years supporting family and club sites world wide with no fees, only a voluntary donation.  We have migrated hundreds of sites from another site that shutdown three years ago.   We understand that you have many options to migrate to other sites,  but please look at our http://goclub.us site for your migration plans.  We have a process to migrate your site information, pictures, calendar and members with a simple process.  For additional information, please click on this link:   http://goclub.us/?flmigrate

< Message edited by burdD -- 6/10/2017 7:10:44 PM >
  Post #: 1
RE: GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby - 6/9/2017 9:13:56 PM   
Nitta

Thanks!  Have already checked this out and am liking what I see.

I would also like to thank Family Lobby for giving us a home all these years.  I really like the Family Lobby sites and am really sad to see them go.

(in reply to burdD)
  Post #: 2
RE: GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby - 6/9/2017 9:29:39 PM   
SueMc

Many of the old bunch from My Family that moved to Family lobby when it closed have already started setting up sites at GoClub. It looks and feels much like the old my family site that we loved so much. The owner of GoClub is working very hard to give us some of the features we enjoy. I am really sad to be losing my Family Lobby site. I have really enjoyed it. We appreciate the hard work by Family Lobby to make many changes that we requested. I have searched extensively for other sites similar to Family Lobby and My family. GoClub is the only site of this type that I have found. We are looking forward to seeing more of our old friends there in Sept with the closing of our family lobby sites.

(in reply to Nitta)
  Post #: 3
RE: GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby - 6/10/2017 9:22:25 AM   
Jerri Conrad

I was sad to hear that familylobby was closing. Knowing what a huge job it is to move to a new site I began using GoClub right away and have been working on moving my genealogy site. I find it a very user friendly site. Almost like myfamily. I have now moved 263 albums to the new site and copied the messages from the old posts. I am happy with the new GoClub site. You will want to check it out.

(in reply to SueMc)
  Post #: 4
RE: GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby - 6/10/2017 4:25:07 PM   
Jo Brittain

Thank you to all for the posts on this topic. Is Family Lobby and GoClub owned by the same company/person? burdD (Moderator in this forum for FamilyLobby) mentions "We at GoClub ...." I have already started a GoClub site to review for transition from FamilyLobby.

(in reply to Jerri Conrad)
  Post #: 5
RE: GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby - 6/10/2017 5:51:46 PM   
burdD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jo Brittain

Thank you to all for the posts on this topic. Is Family Lobby and GoClub owned by the same company/person? burdD (Moderator in this forum for FamilyLobby) mentions "We at GoClub ...." I have already started a GoClub site to review for transition from FamilyLobby.

No there is no connection at all with the two sites.  Sorry for the confusion

(in reply to Jo Brittain)
  Post #: 6
RE: GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby - 6/10/2017 6:11:55 PM   
Jo Brittain

So you are a moderator at FL, but also supporting GoClub? Not a big issure for me; just want to know the facts! Thank you for all you do! Many people count on you for answers!

(in reply to burdD)
  Post #: 7
RE: GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby - 6/10/2017 6:59:13 PM   
burdD

Family Lobby is not supporting, recommending or endorsing any site in particular.  Any sites that you may see here are only suggestions for sites that members may want to look at as replacement sites.  I was ask by GoClub if I would post information for their site.  If you have other sites you want to suggest please feel free to do so.

Thank you, I am always happy to answer any questions that I am able to answer.

< Message edited by burdD -- 6/10/2017 7:08:37 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby - 6/10/2017 8:18:15 PM   
Jo Brittain

Thank you burdD for the quick response. I understand now! You are the BEST support for the FL team! Thank you for everything!

(in reply to burdD)
  Post #: 9
RE: GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby - 6/10/2017 8:24:15 PM   
burdD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jo Brittain

Thank you burdD for the quick response. I understand now! You are the BEST support for the FL team! Thank you for everything!

You are very welcome Jo and please let us know if you have anymore questions.  I appreciate your feedback about the post and I hope the addition to the top post will clear up any confusion that others may have.  I am also very sad that Family Lobby is having to close.  I have really enjoyed my role here.

Post #: 10
RE: GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby - 6/11/2017 8:54:35 AM   
Joel Perrell

Thank you, Family Lobbby, for 3 years of great service. I will miss all the FL sites, but looking forward to many, many years with GoClub.

Many exciting things are happening at GoClub and Don is making every effort to grant our wishes to make the site more to our liking! If you are undecided as to where you want to migrate, give GoClub serious consideration!

If you want to start a new site without migration, GoClub is still the the place to go and you will be happy that you did!

< Message edited by Joel Perrell -- 6/11/2017 8:56:18 AM >

(in reply to burdD)
  Post #: 11
RE: GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby - 6/19/2017 6:04:34 PM   
GAL

I have started moving my genealogy site to GoClub already. It is so much like the old MyFamily site and we are very happy with it. I do appreciate the years that we were with FamilyLobby and all of the things they have done for us to make the site usable as we needed things. FL you have been very patient with us and we were happy here. Sorry to see you go. All support that I have communicated with has been wonderful and a special thanks to you burdD for everything you have done for us and put up with. HA HA!! We will miss you. Take care and who knows we may run in to you again somewhere along the line. I too would like to take this opportunity to let others know that if you are unsure of where to go, I do recommend GoClub. It is very user friendly and has tutorial video's if you are unsure about how to do certain things. It was highly recommended to me and I pass my recommendation along to others.

(in reply to Joel Perrell)
  Post #: 12
RE: GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby - 6/20/2017 10:03:54 AM   
burdD

quote:

ORIGINAL: GAL

I have started moving my genealogy site to GoClub already. It is so much like the old MyFamily site and we are very happy with it. I do appreciate the years that we were with FamilyLobby and all of the things they have done for us to make the site usable as we needed things. FL you have been very patient with us and we were happy here. Sorry to see you go. All support that I have communicated with has been wonderful and a special thanks to you burdD for everything you have done for us and put up with. HA HA!! We will miss you. Take care and who knows we may run in to you again somewhere along the line. I too would like to take this opportunity to let others know that if you are unsure of where to go, I do recommend GoClub. It is very user friendly and has tutorial video's if you are unsure about how to do certain things. It was highly recommended to me and I pass my recommendation along to others.

Thank you for your kind words GAL.  No doubt we will!

(in reply to GAL)
  Post #: 13
RE: GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby - 6/20/2017 10:04:43 AM   
burdD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Perrell

Thank you, Family Lobbby, for 3 years of great service. I will miss all the FL sites, but looking forward to many, many years with GoClub.

Many exciting things are happening at GoClub and Don is making every effort to grant our wishes to make the site more to our liking! If you are undecided as to where you want to migrate, give GoClub serious consideration!

If you want to start a new site without migration, GoClub is still the the place to go and you will be happy that you did!

Thank you Joel

(in reply to Joel Perrell)
  Post #: 14
RE: GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby - 6/30/2017 1:44:02 AM   
Robert e

I, too, would like to offer my thanks to the owners of Family Lobby for giving us an extraordinary website for various uses. Yes, like many I went looking when ancestry began their multi-screw-setup by buying out sights and then closing them down (as with GenForum, MyFamily, etc.). With such short notice, I actually used GoClub, Family Lobby and Spokt to make sure our huge files did not get lost (and was later justified as at least one sight lost 1-year's worth of early data). But it was Family Lobby that was the nicest to look at, had so many wonderful features and offered a plethora of things that could be done on each particular site. Truthfully, I honestly believe-if they were to ask-that most of us would offer to pay rather than lose this wonderful place! <seriously!!!> As I return to looking around for a safe spot for a personal website, I am not sure where to turn now? I am not fond of the idea of having to write code (usually HTML) to produce certain visual effects; and esp. after Family Lobby had so wonderfully spoiled me? Anyway, my best to all and will be watching to see if anyone comes up with another/new alternative???

(in reply to burdD)
  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Technical Support] >> Comments and Questions >> GoClub as a replacement site for Family Lobby
Jump to: