E-mail: Password:
All Forums >> [Technical Support] >> Comments and Questions >> FamilyCrossings as a replacement?
FamilyCrossings as a replacement?     Tree Style Printable Version
Page: [1]
Display name
Message << Previous Topic   Next Topic >>
FamilyCrossings as a replacement? - 8/25/2017 10:34:50 AM   
BillyDee

Anyone have experience with FamilyCrossings (www.familycrossings.com) as a replacement for FamilyLobby?
  Post #: 1
RE: FamilyCrossings as a replacement? - 8/25/2017 10:54:04 AM   
SueMc

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillyDee

Anyone have experience with FamilyCrossings (www.familycrossings.com) as a replacement for FamilyLobby?

I had a site there as a trial for a few months.  I did not like it at all but I think it would depend on what kind of things that you want to do.  I did not find it to be anything at all like Family Lobby.  Many members who came to Family Lobby from My Family are moving to GoClub which is a lot like the old Family sites.  We like to custom front pages and a few other things that  not a option at Family Crossings.  If you like a blog type site that is more private than Facebook maybe  would be good for you

(in reply to BillyDee)
  Post #: 2
RE: FamilyCrossings as a replacement? - 8/29/2017 10:09:56 AM   
BillyDee

Thanks, SueMc, for the info. Just judging by looks...seems like FamilyCrossing has a better layout compared to GoClub, but I know looks can be deceiving. I need to jump in and try both. But I have a feeling that since most everyone is going to GoClub, there's a good reason, and I'll eventually end up there. :) Bill

(in reply to SueMc)
  Post #: 3
RE: FamilyCrossings as a replacement? - 8/30/2017 1:36:47 PM   
GoClub Support

Just want to let people know that the GoClub site will offering a secondary look and feel in the October timeframe. You can preview this new option by the clicking on the link called "New Look". This new look will be optimized for tablets and cell phones. You will be able to easy switch between the two formats.

< Message edited by GoClub Support -- 8/30/2017 5:59:44 PM >

(in reply to BillyDee)
  Post #: 4
RE: FamilyCrossings as a replacement? - 8/30/2017 1:55:16 PM   
SueMc

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillyDee Thanks, SueMc, for the info. Just judging by looks...seems like FamilyCrossing has a better layout compared to GoClub, but I know looks can be deceiving. I need to jump in and try both. But I have a feeling that since most everyone is going to GoClub, there's a good reason, and I'll eventually end up there. :) Bill [/quote

You are very welcome. I think you have the right idea in trying out the sites to see which better fits your needs. Members who have gone to goclub like the feeling of almost having the old my family sites back again. Most of us are seniors and do not like the modern blog type sites. Go Club has been very open to making changes and trying to provide options that we have enjoyed at Family Lobby. I did not find that to be the case in the few months that I tried the Family Crossins site and I did not care for the layout at all. Looking for yoursef is the best way to go.]

< Message edited by burdD -- 8/31/2017 10:50:57 AM >

(in reply to BillyDee)
  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Technical Support] >> Comments and Questions >> FamilyCrossings as a replacement?
Jump to: