E-mail: Password:
All Forums >> [News] >> Family Issues >> Losing Childhood
Losing Childhood     Tree Style Printable Version
Page: [1]
Display name
Message << Previous Topic   Next Topic >>
Losing Childhood - 6/3/2008 7:36:51 AM   
ArticlePost

Childhood used to be a precious time of imagination and fun that we had before we became teenagers and began preparing for our lives as adults. Time for daydreaming, time alone to use imagination, time to play; time to just be a kid.

Losing Childhood
http://articles.familylobby.com/540-Losing-Childhood.htm
  Post #: 1
RE: Losing Childhood - 6/3/2008 7:36:51 AM   
ArticlePost

boy-so true my son has a killer schedule too and my mom is always telling me he has no time just to be a kid

michie

(in reply to ArticlePost)
  Post #: 2
RE: Losing Childhood - 3/5/2009 2:49:09 PM   
ArticlePost

my younger sister was robbed of her childhood and now faces difficulty in regular life. she often blocks out the world and enters one of her own, as do i but i can pull out. she'll be doing something like homework or watching t.v. there's even been times she was walking around and stops randomly with a blank look on her face and we have to lightly shake her or yell before she comes back. she often has a hard time seprating reality with fiction. she doesn't like being around others much(as do i but for different reasons) and she'd rather spend the day at home dreaming than going out unless it's not to a big puplic place. even though she's 12 going on 13 she still doesn't act like others her age. i'm worried that it maybe too late for her to live the few years of childhood she has left right

jessica morgan

Post #: 3
RE: Losing Childhood - 4/13/2010 11:26:09 AM   
ArticlePost

I have gotton a lot of relatives/friends tell me that im a 30 year old traped in a 14 year olds body. Their reasoning is that I have grown up in a Single parent household all my life, was givin a sister at the age of 9 and lived in poverty. I dont think I live really in poverty because I have nice privliges as cable and internet. Their other reason is that Im 14 and just lost my mother. My sisters father isnt around and mine has just stepped up and took me in his family a year ago. I have had a lot of tragetys in my life as almost losing my mother when i was 9 because her aortea heart valve quite on her when she was giving birth, no male role model and losing a extremly close relitive to a car accident, then my mom having a heart attack. I dont know I say I see life different then my peers would. I know why adults hassel us to go get a college education, I know how hard it is to be broke and to ask for help from people you dont know, I have been told I know how to be a parent but i STRONGLY dissagree with that statement.

Braden

Post #: 4
RE: Losing Childhood - 6/30/2010 3:36:10 AM   
ArticlePost

I'm obviously from one of the "last" generations of outside kids. I believe that one of the reasons why many parents want kids in advanced classes is because they themselves wanted to be there but didn't get the chance, add on the fact that the school districts didn't care how smart kids were back then, they just saw them as an extra amount of cash. I myself, am personally glad that I didn't go to honors classes. I enjoyed my childhood, yes being young at the beginning of the 90's was great. Yeah, there were video games, but they didn't take up all my time. I went outside a lot, even though the neighborhood were pains in the butt. Maybe the modern parent just needs to work on bringing playtime outside back instead of basking in the glory they wished they had as kids.

Marco

Post #: 5
RE: Losing Childhood - 7/19/2012 5:48:10 AM   
ArticlePost

this is exactely wt i wanted for my G.D ............. i was searching for days about the lost childhood nd the things that i got were completely different from that of the views i wanted this topic to put upon . thnkss Kristen Houghton ...and according to me the poor children are more who are loosing their childhood... may be thats because they dont get even the necessary goods that r needed in the precious time - childhoood.. like proper education , playing time , having fun , nd the feeling when everything seems so easy and simple, and afcourse the luv and some time of parents..!!!

aanchal

Post #: 6
RE: Losing Childhood - 11/12/2013 7:32:34 AM   
ArticlePost

I have three children and my house was never tidy in fact the children made a den at the bottom of the garden and all the other children on our road came to play and have their lunch in it. they are all well grounded young adults now and can have a fab conversation with my husband and I

Elaine

Post #: 7
RE: Losing Childhood - 5/16/2015 2:12:02 AM   
ArticlePost

Children should concentrate on what they are good at.And for this parents should help them and not to force them to do what the parents want......isn't it correct.?????

Junaid khan

Post #: 8
RE: Losing Childhood - 6/14/2017 3:17:45 AM   
ArticlePost

Now I am a teenager and now I realise that my childhood was not as good as it could be now i am trying to enjoy my life. So I request to all parents that they should not force their children

shivendra

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News] >> Family Issues >> Losing Childhood
Jump to:
Topics 
When Wives Work and Husbands Don’t
My husband hasn't worked consistently in the last 5yrs and I'm tired as well as fed up with it.He ...
What To Do When Your Parents Still Love Your Ex-Husband!
I and my husband was separated for 3 months now, he was the love of my life and the father of my ...
Losing Childhood
Now I am a teenager and now I realise that my childhood was not as good as it could be now i am t ...
She Won’t Leave Him Alone! Coping With the Ex-Wife
I have been with my boyfriend for 6 plus months, moved in with him in December 2016. I am good wi ...
“Separated” Married Couples
I highly doubt it "works". People just say that to save face. There is no way a couple ...